Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The world is really flat!



22 days after I landed in Bangalore, I got myself a new mobile phone (8700g). My "connectedness" has now doubled! I am just blown away at the technological advances that have made communications across the globe easy and pain-free.

I am talking to Mona and the kids everyday (sometimes twice in a day) via Skype. A few dropped calls and poor video quality aside, we can see each other across continents as I discuss homework with Aanish or piano lessons with Ayaana. In the past week or so, I have spoken to members of my family in the US, UK and Middle East via Skype!

Instant Messaging (IM) and E-Mail (access anytime, anywhere) allows me to be connected and communicate with friends and family while I am sitting here in my guest house on MG Road in Bangalore! This blog has given me the opportunity to share my experiences with all and I look forward to your comments on my posts.

With my new phone, I will now have access to most of these tools and some more (SMS, MMS) on the go.

The world is indeed flat and is getting flatter by the minute.

3 comments:

Daddy said...

Pervez, this is intriguing. It makes me want to move there myself.

Anonymous said...

Pervez, the earlier post was marked as being posted by daddy. Sorry, this is Juzer. I created a blogger account for Almaas and Adil and nicknamed it as Daddy.

aanish said...

there is a new blackjack if you see the ad it is awesome