Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Moo On!


It's been nearly two and a half years since I moved to Bangalore and I have assimilated fairly well. I have gotten so used to things that are typically Indian that I don't even notice them any more. But some days I try to consciously look out for those Indian experiences that have no parallel anywhere in the world.

This morning was one of those days. I was in the car stopped at a traffic light at a major intersection in Bangalore. On the opposite side, I noticed a bullock cart stopped at the intersection! This is in the middle of peak hour traffic with buses, cars, auto-rickshaws, scooters, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks etc. all trying to find their way forward and rushing to get ahead. Amazingly enough, I noticed that the vehicles around the bullock cart had somehow made way for it and were patient enough to allow it to make it's way at a lumbering pace.

No outrage! No drive by shooting!

What a country!

No comments: